Project Loan is given by the lending institution or banks to the borrower for the purpose of business expansion, reconstruction etc. Project loan is also available to acquire the fixed assets like land & building, plant & machinery etc. Project Loans are available to the existing business or industrial houses for growth purpose and equally available to the new business entrants in form of seed or startup capital. Projects loans are generally mid or long term period loans but lending institutions may consider the short term loan applications depending upon the feasibility of the project. The short term Project Loan can be availed for one year whereas the mid and long term project loans can be obtained for up to 10 years.
The rate of interest is quite competitive as the loan term is longer and may be affected by the periodic changes made by the lending institutes. Construction & Infrastructure, Engineering, Automobile, Power, Gas & Petrochemical industries are some of the business domains generally leverage on the Project Loans.
The aspirants should have the detailed project report ready as it is the very basis of getting project loan sanctioned. The lending institutions seek good credit, strong solvency ratio, strong management systems, technology penetration etc. as granting criteria for project loans
- Copy of Registration of the firm/ Company
- Copy of partnership deed, Memo. & Article of Association etc (wherever applicable)
- Copies of last three years audited Balance sheet/Profit & Loss account
- Copy of statement of account
- Latest paid stock / Book debt statement, with list of debtors
- Brief project report / profile with projected balance sheet / P&L account
- Cash flow and fund flow statement for term loan
- Copies of quotations for purchase of machinery etc (in case of Term Loan)
- Original title deeds of property offered as security, tax, receipt, sanctioned map, city survey record etc